Three-year high-statistics neutrino oscillation samples (released 15 May 2019)
Click anywhere to dismiss this message.
Three-year high-statistics neutrino oscillation samples (preview)
We ask for users who wish to download our data to fill out the information below. We will use this information to contact you in the event that a revised data file is released due to errors or significant improvements. Your personal information will never be released for any other purposes.
In 2013, IceCube reported its first measurement of the neutrino oscillation parameters. This was the first time that neutrino oscillations were measured with precision at energies above 10 GeV. A year later, the collaboration presented a second analysis with three years of data that improved the precision by a factor of ten. The IceCube Collaboration has now published in Physical Review Letters  and Physical Review D  new measurements of neutrino oscillation using atmospheric neutrinos from the full sky with reconstructed energies between 5.6 and 56 GeV. Two separate event selections and analyses (A & B) were used and made available here.
Suggested citation for this dataset:
IceCube Collaboration (2019): Three-year high-statistics neutrino oscillation samples. DOI:10.21234/ac23-ra43
Clickto download (.zip, 46MB)
Included in the download are the following files:
The archive file contains two dataset samples. These two samples are not independent, and analyses must not combine the samples or results obtained thereof in any way.
- Sample A is used for the primary nutau appearance result , and is used in the first IceCube neutrino mass ordering analysis .
- Sample B is an updated version of what is used for the primary IceCube muon neutrino disappearance measurement , with chi2 maps made available here. Sample B also serves as the confirmatory analysis in  and is used in .
- Both samples are described in detail in reference  and the provided download contains a readme.txt for both samples which contains a more detailed overview of each data file.
-  “Measurement of Atmospheric Neutrino Oscillations at 6-56 GeV with IceCube DeepCore,” IceCube Collaboration: M. G. Aartsen et al., Physical Review Letters 120, 071801 (2018). DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.120.071801
-  “Measurement of Atmospheric Tau Neutrino Appearance with IceCube DeepCore,” IceCube Collaboration: M. G. Aartsen et al., Phys. Rev. D99.3(2019), p. 032007. DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.99.032007
-  “Probing the Neutrino Mass Ordering with Atmospheric Neutrinos from Three Years of IceCube DeepCore Data,” IceCube Collaboration: M.G. Aartsen et al., Feb 20, 2019, preprint: arXiv:1902.07771