Employment at IceCube
Positions will remain posted beyond their respective consideration dates until an offer has been made and accepted.
Winter Over Positions
- Winter Over Experiments Operator
- Winter-overs deploy to Antarctica continuously for 14 months, mid-October to mid-November. Individuals participate in a wide range of activities and must pass physical and psychological evaluations of their ability to live and work in remote and high altitude locations.
- Degree requirements: M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or a related field; B.S. with substantial related field experience (equivalent to a Master's Degree) will be considered.
- None at this time.
IceCube Collaboration Employment Opportunities
- Please check our Collaborating Institutions for additional job opportunities.
Post Docs (Research Associate)
- Should have a PhD awarded within 3 years (maximum allowable is 5 years)
- Our mailing address is email@example.com
- Current physics graduate students contact a faculty member*
- Prospective graduate students can find information about applying to UW-Madison at the Department of Physics Graduate Students Admissions Information Website and may contact a faculty member*
- UW undergraduate students should contact a faculty member*
- Non UW undergraduate student - Information about Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) opportunities is available at the Physics Department REU Website and at the IceCube REU Webpage
- Please note that REU participants must be citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. (If you are attending school in the U.S. but are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, please contact REU before applying.)
- If your University offers a program allowing students to spend a period at another university contact a faculty member*
- Contact the Physics Department to learn about possibilities UW offers for international students.
- If your home university offers a program where you can spend a period abroad contact a faculty member*